Michael Traub, ND, DHANP, CCH, FABNO graduated from National College of Naturopathic Medicine (NCNM) in 1981. Since 1986, Dr. Traub has been Director of an integrative healthcare center in Kailua Kona, Hawaii. He is board certified in naturopathic oncology and homeopathy. Dr. Traub was the first naturopathic physician in contemporary times to be appointed to a hospital staff – North Hawaii Community Hospital (NHCH) in 1996. From 2001-2003, Dr. Traub served as President of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP). In 2006 he was honored by the AANP as “Physician of the Year.” Dr. Traub has held numerous other leadership positions within the naturopathic profession, currently serving as Chairman of the Hawaii Board of Naturopathic Medicine.
Dr. Traub’s research includes homeopathic growth factors in HIV and AIDS, Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder, integrative breast cancer treatment, Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria in Bone Marrow Failure Syndromes, Hypovitaminosis D, and Elderberry Extract for Prevention of Influenza. He has presented at numerous medical conferences, including the 1999 International Conference on HIV/ AIDS in Paris. He is the author of two textbooks of dermatology, has contributed to several other textbooks of integrative medicine and serves on the editorial board of the Natural Medicine Journal, the International Journal of Naturopathic Medicine, and Holistic Primary Care. He is a member of the Executive Committee of the Integrated Healthcare Policy Consortium and was co-author of the “Final Report of the National Policy Dialogue to Advance Integrated Health Care: Finding Common Ground, 2001- 2002.” He currently serves as President of the Hawaii Consortium for Integrative Healthcare.
Areas of Expertise:
Naturopathic oncology, dermatology, cardiovascular disease, sports medicine, detoxification, homeopathy, dietary supplements, mindfulness-based stress reduction, lifestyle counseling
• Regenerative Injection Therapy: An Effective, Underused Option for Musculoskeletal Injuries.
• The Role of the Naturopathic Physician and Acne in The H.E.R.B.A.L. Guide, Dietary Supplement Resources for the Clinician, ed. Bonakdar, 2010
• Naturopathic Medicine in Clinicians and Educators Desk Reference on the Complementary and Alternative Healthcare Professions, 2010
• Essentials of Dermatological Diagnosis and Integrative Therapeutics 1985 and 2008
• Psoriasis Alternative Medicine Review 2007.
• Naturopathic Medicine, in Integrative Cardiology 2007
• Integrative Oncology, in The Key to Cancer 2006.
• Naturopathic Medicine: Historical and Current Regulatory Issues in the U.S., International Journal of Naturopathic Medicine 2004
• Benjamin SA, Simone CH, Traub, M. Cancer Treatment, Beyond the Conventional, Patient Care 1998