Gaia Roots Small Grants Program
Are you a small farmer, community organizer, or social enterprise working to strengthen our food and farming system in the USA through regenerative agriculture? If so, apply for a small grant through our social impact program, Gaia Roots.
Grantees will receive $5,000 for projects that are using regenerative land practices to drive social, environmental, and economic impact. Grantees will also receive an all-expense paid trip to the Gaia Farm in Brevard, NC for a 2-day in-depth training on Gaia Herbs’ regenerative farm practices and herbal production.
Qualifications (Must Be One of the Following)
- Small farms (operating on less than 100 acres)
- Non-profit organizations
- Social enterprises
- Research institutions
Due to conflict of interest, Gaia Herbs employees and direct relatives are not eligible for grant funding.
Priority & Focus Areas
- Producing medicinal herbs, including hemp (must comply with state legislation)
- Focusing efforts on Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) in farming and land management
Projects We Will Fund
Below are examples of fundable projects.
- Developing regenerative farming training guides
- Train the trainer programs
- Farm outreach programs
- Purchase of agricultural inputs, such as seeds
- Developing composting/vermiculture programs
- Soil management programs
- Regenerative farming education
- Crop diversification
- Community herb and food gardens
- Agroforestry projects
- Complete online application
- Complete quarterly progress report
- In an effort to advance knowledge and education around farming, you must be willing to allow Gaia Herbs to share your story with our audience
Applications will be accepted October 15 – December 15, 2019. Grantees will be notified by December 20, 2019. Due to the large amounts of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. Thank you for your understanding.