Made with Golden Milk
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Makes: Approximately 18 Cookies
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) cultured organic unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons organic dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 free range organic local egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour or organic whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2-3 tablespoons Golden Milk
- Dice cold butter into medium cubes and separate the egg yolk. Set both aside and let them come to room temperature.
- Once tempered, beat the butter, sugars and salt for several minutes on medium speed in an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg yolk, beat until smooth. Add Golden Milk, beat until smooth. Reduce the speed and add the flour half a cup at a time. Stop the mixer as soon as the dough is just mixed. Finish mixing by hand to bring it together.
- Using a cookie baller, scoop the cookies on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper into the desired size and place into the refrigerator to set for at least 15 minutes. While the cookies are setting, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for approximately 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan.
- Enjoy plain or dust with an equal-parts-mix of confectioners’ sugar and Gaia’s Golden Milk.
This recipe serves as an alternative dosage regimen to supplement your diet and wellness routine.