Article by Ashley Koff, R.D. Recipe and Photograph by Amy Fischer, R.D.
This one is for the guys out there-you know who you are. You demand so much from your bodies. Whether it's workouts that you take up a notch (et tu, weekend warrior?) or the chores you do to keep the house and office functioning optimally, you work hard and deserve a rest. Enter Turmeric-to help support a healthy inflammatory response.* This weekend, start your R&R by serving up these Grain-Free Golden Pancakes. Your body and your taste buds will thank you.
Grain-Free Golden Pancakes
Make it a deliciously relaxing weekend with Gluten-Free, Paleo pancakes that are good for every body - but especially anyone who needs some extra R&R.
- 1 banana
- 2 large eggs
- 1 serving Turmeric Boost® Restore
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1/8 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Coconut oil, for cooking
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. (Or mash the banana and add to beaten eggs plus other ingredients.)
- Warm a nonstick or cast-iron pan over medium, and melt enough coconut oil to coat the pan and prevent sticking.
- Pour a silver dollar-size amount into pan. Cook about 30 seconds on each side, or until the bottoms are light brown.
Topping suggestions: fresh mango, toasted pecans, shredded unsweetened coconut flakes, coconut butter, and maple syrup.
Ashley Koff is an internationally-renowned registered dietitian who believes better nutrition is simple and is on a mission to help anyone achieve their personal health goals by providing simple but highly effective tips and strategies. A self-described "Qualitarian," Koff emphasizes the value of quality nutritional choices in achieving optimal health.Amy Fischer is a registered dietitian and recipe developer who specializes in green living, nutrition and wellness.