Black Elderberry Syrup is the perfect addition to a classic French vinaigrette. We added Thyme, an herb traditionally used for immune and respiratory support, for extra flavor.*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 ½ tablespoons unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Gaia Herbs Black Elderberry Syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Black Pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon fresh Thyme leaves
- Combine the salt, vinegar and shallots in a small bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the mustard and Black Elderberry Syrup to help emulsify the dressing.
- Whisk in the oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, add the thyme. This is enough to dress a large salad to serve 4.
Each portion contains a 1 teaspoon daily serving of Gaia Herbs Black Elderberry Syrup.