These chewy, hearty oat bars are quick to make and can be customized based on what you have on hand. They’re delicious as breakfast on the go or an energy-filled snack any time of day.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- 1 1/2 cups rolled old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dried fruit
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Maca Powder
- Place a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add all ingredients, and stir well to combine.
- Cook, stirring often, until the mixture is warmed through and thoroughly combined.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment. Transfer the oats mixture to the loaf pan, and pat down firmly with a wet spatula.
- Allow to cool completely or refrigerate for 2 hours before slicing.
Tip: We used almond butter, pecans and dried cranberries, but you can swap in any nuts, dried fruit and nut butter you prefer. You can also double the amount of Maca Powder to yield 1 serving per bar.