This is a quick and tasty treat for a boost of energy and stamina. Get your daily Maca plus a double dose of deliciousness!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 15-ounce can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons organic sugar
- 5 tablespoons organic cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Gaia Herbs Maca powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (or powdered peanut butter, for a lower fat option)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaping teaspoon MacaBoost Cacao-Ginger
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, use a hand mixer to blend the black beans, olive oil, peanut butter, milk and maple syrup until evenly mixed.
- Add the cocoa powder, sugar, maca powder, baking powder and salt to the bean mixture and blend until the batter resembles a thick mousse.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spoon 16-20 evenly distributed dollops of batter.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (the cookies should still be a little soft when you remove them from the oven).
- Set aside a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a hand mixer, cream together the vegan butter, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Gradually add the MacaBoost Cacao-Ginger and powdered sugar; mix until completely incorporated.
- Add the almond milk to thin out the mixture, using more if necessary to achieve a frosting-like consistency.
- Spread onto cooled cookies and enjoy!