Traditional guacamole gets an energizing upgrade! We add Maca Powder to create a citrusy, spicy version of everyone’s favorite avocado dish.
- 7 ripe avocadoes, peeled, pitted and diced 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium orange
- 1/2 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons Maca Powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- Sea salt, to taste
- Combine cilantro and jalapeño in a large bowl; season with sea salt and mash with the back of a fork until a coarse paste forms.
- Working over the bowl with the avocado mixture, supreme the orange. Using a paring knife, slice off the skin. Squeeze any juice into the bowl. Make two vertical, shallow slices inside each segment to free the fruit from the pith. Add to the bowl, along with any juice.
- Add the diced avocado to the cilantro-orange mixture; mash to combine. Mix in remaining ingredients. Season to taste with more sea salt. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to four hours. (If not serving immediately, press plastic wrap or parchment paper on the surface to prevent oxidation.)
- Serve chilled with sliced organic vegetables, such as bell peppers, celery, fennel, sugar snap peas, zucchini, cucumbers or carrots
*Each portion provides the 1 teaspoon suggested daily serving for Maca Powder.