Are you looking for unique and sustainable Mother’s Day gift ideas she’ll use and love?
The editorial team at Gaia Herbs has polled our team of health-conscious, earth-loving, crunchy, eco-friendly, and magnificent mamas to create this Mother’s Day gift list with self-care, natural living, mindfulness, beauty, and sustainability in mind.
Mother’s Day Gifts That Nourish
Mothers are tireless in their efforts to provide for the needs of their families and friends.
However, moms that give that much need plenty of nourishment to sustain them (not to mention a little energy boost come mid-afternoon)!
Here are some whole food-based gift ideas sure to please the gourmet and the health nut in your life.
Tip: Make sure your gift recipient has no food allergies or diet restrictions before purchasing.
1: Organic Tea or Coffee of The Month Subscription
Whether your mom is a hardcore coffee connoisseur or herbal tea enthusiast, she’ll love receiving a fresh bag of organic coffee or tea every month.
There are various coffee and tea subscription options available. Here are some tips for choosing the best one for a health-conscious mama:
- Look for organic, fair-trade coffee and teas. Coffee, for example, is typically a highly-sprayed crop and is only sometimes fairly traded.
- Make sure they offer varieties of coffee and teas she likes, such as dark roasts, green teas, herbal teas, etc.
- If she’s selective about her beverages, look for a subscription service that allows her to customize her monthly shipment.
Pair this with a customized Mother’s Day mug, and she’ll remember your kindness with every sip of her morning beverage.
2. An Online Cooking Class
If your mom is passionate about cooking and/or uses the kitchen as her sanctuary, she may enjoy sharpening her skills with an online cooking class.
Some ideas of themed classes include:
- Gluten-free baking
- Plant-based and vegan cooking
- Modern Italian
- Ayurvedic cooking
- Authentic Mexican
- And many more
Udemy, MasterClass, and Robyn’s Gluten-Free Baking are all great places to explore online culinary learning experiences.
3. Healthy/Organic Meal Delivery Service
Almost any busy mom will jump at the opportunity to have a healthy breakfast, lunch, or dinner delivered.
With so many health-conscious meal delivery services, you’re sure to find an option that suits her tastes and nutrition philosophy.
Some popular organic/healthy meal delivery services include:
- Paleo On The Go
- Smoothie Box (for breakfasts, snacks, etc.)
- Green Chef
- Daily Harvest
Want a more personal touch?
Cook mom her favorite meal, have the whole family pitch in and give her an entire day or week off from cooking, or do a batch-cooking session to help with meal prep for the week.
Gifts For Clean, Authentic Beauty
Motherhood is a mixed bag of joy, personal growth, overwhelm, developing patience, and (sometimes) going days without a shower!
Make your mom feel beautiful and pampered with these non-toxic, all-natural clean beauty gifts.
4: Jade or Quartz Facial Massager
Facial massagers are all the rage in the natural beauty space because they promote healthy radiant skin and feel soothing on the skin.
Facial massagers are based on the Traditional Chinese method of Gua Sha, in which the practitioner uses smooth stones, such as jade or quartz, to massage or scrape certain areas of the skin (Facial Gua Sha) or body (Gua Sha) to reduce pain increase circulation, promote lymphatic drainage, and stimulate the flow of Qi (energy) to restore balance.
Regarding beauty, it is believed Facial Gua Sha stimulates specific facial meridians that promote circulation, thereby improving appearance, boosting skin brightness, and even temporarily reducing signs of aging.
Facial Gua Sha can be performed at home using a jade and quartz roller. These tools can be found in most brick-and-mortar or online beauty shops.
5: Gaia Herbs Beauty Essentials Kit
Cultivating authentic beauty is an inside job.
Gaia Herbs Beauty Essentials Kit contains three herbal supplements designed to work synergistically to help moms achieve a healthy body and inner glow.
The Beauty Essentials Kit includes:
- Hair, Skin & Nail Support: A combination of Horsetail, Alfalfa, Burdock, Gotu Kola, and Nettle to promote healthy hair, skin, and nail growth.
- Resveratrol 150: An award-winning favorite for graceful aging. Contains 150 mg trans-Resveratrol per serving, equal to 50 bottles of red wine.
- Everyday Adaptogen: A powdered blend of adaptogenic herbs like Maca, Rhodiola, Cordyceps, and Ashwagandha, to promote energy, stamina, and a healthy stress response.
The Beauty Essentials Kit is available at a bundled discount and is eligible for our Mother’s Day BOGO special (but doesn’t work with subscriptions). Get yours here.
6: Clean Beauty/Natural Skincare Subscription Box
Busy moms often use the same beauty and skincare products for years.
This isn’t because they don’t want to try new things, but because they don’t have the time to research new products.
A clean beauty, natural skin and/or body care subscription box gives her the freedom and convenience to try several different products each month for 3, 6, or 12 months.
Some companies offer their subscription boxes, or you can find specially curated boxes of various brands.
Just make sure the products are in the clean/organic beauty category and do not contain harmful chemicals, fragrances, dyes, or preservatives.
If you’re not sure what her skin type is or if she’s particular about skincare or makeup, go for a body care box.
Whether you splurge on a subscription or buy her a single box, she’s sure to find some new treasures to liven up her beauty routine.
Gifts For New And Expectant Mothers
Few people are more deserving or appreciative of a fantastic gift than new moms.
Here are a few ideas that will provide comfort, relief, and pampering for new and expectant mothers.
7. New Mama/Postpartum Self-Care Kit
Brand new and expectant mamas are sharing their bodies with another human, making them ultra-deserving of extra pampering.
Since new mothers don’t (or won’t) have much time to devote to self-care, a self-care kit is often more practical than a spa gift card.
For the safety and well-being of mama and baby, look for products that use all or mostly organic, natural, and non-toxic ingredients. If they carry the “Made Safe” label, all the better.
Some must-haves for new and expectant moms include:
- Nipple cream or balm
- Herbal sitz bath salts or bath bombs
- Perineal spray and/or balm
- Body butter or stretch mark oil
- Herbal tea, such as Gaia Herbs Lactation Support Tea
You can build your own or order a pre-made postpartum care kit from suppliers such as Earth Mama Organics.
8: Audiobook Subscription
Caring for an infant while recovering from pregnancy and birth is a tender and precious experience.
It also involves a lot of sitting around, laying around, and/or walking around to feed, nurture, and soothe the baby!
This is where an audiobook subscription can be a life-saver—especially after the honeymoon period has faded.
You could also throw in a few of your favorite inspiring, funny, and uplifting audiobooks to lighten and brighten her day.
Note: Due to the life-changing, exhausting, and emotional nature of postpartum, most mamas may wish to avoid stories of tragedy, horror, and intense suspense for a few months.
This delicious tea is a welcomed and functional gift for breastfeeding mothers.
Lactation Support Herbal Tea is made with Goat’s Rue, Fenugreek, Marshmallow, and Nettles, herbs that have been traditionally used to nourish lactating women for centuries.*
Each box contains 16 tea bags and can be combined with Lactation Support Liquid Phyto-Caps® for extra support.*
Pair with a customized ceramic or stainless steel thermal mug to keep her tea warm during those long days (and nights) of nursing.
*Not for use during pregnancy.
Gifts For The Active Mama
Many women find upliftment, solace, and sanity in regular exercise and movement.
Here are some unique and sustainable gift ideas to support her active lifestyle.
10. Magnesium Bath Soak
Epsom salts are a rich source of muscle-relaxing magnesium, making Epsom Salt baths an incredible tool for reducing muscle soreness associated with exercise.
They’re also a great excuse for moms to take some time to relax in a hot bath.
For a personal touch, make your own Magnesium Bath Soak using Epsom Salts, essential oils, and dried herbs or flowers.
Discover a basic customizable recipe for a homemade magnesium bath soak in: How To Use Herbs For Skincare + 8 Of The Best To Try.
Various all-natural magnesium bath soaks are also available in natural food stores, apothecaries, spas, gift shops, and online.
Adaptogens are a class of herbs that support the body’s stress response, endurance, and energy levels.
Gaia’s Everyday Adaptogen is a favorite among active adults.
It contains a blend of herbal adaptogens from around the world, including:
- Maca: Also known as Peruvian Ginseng, this root vegetable has been used to support women’s health, energy, stamina, and vitality for centuries.*
- Cordyceps: An adaptogenic mushroom used extensively in traditional Chinese wellness formulas.*
- Rhodiola: A rose-scented herb native to Russia that helped people thrive and stay active in harsh climates.*
- Ashwagandha: Also known as Indian Ginseng, this herb is foundational in many traditional Ayurvedic wellness formulas (Ayurveda is the traditional wellness system of India) and supports normal energy, sleep, exercise performance & recovery, and stress response.*
Active mamas love this blend for helping them sustain energy without the jitters or crashes of caffeine or energy drinks.*
12. Eco-Friendly Activewear
Most modern activewear is made from synthetic fabrics and may contain antibacterial, antiwrinkle, or waterproofing/moisture-wicking chemicals.
This may sound like a bright idea at first. After all, no one wants wet, smelly, slow-drying, wrinkle- and stain-prone workout clothes.
However, when laundered, synthetic, chemically-treated clothing releases microplastics and forever chemicals like PFASs and phthalates into our water systems. REF#1566 REF#1567
And most wrinkle-free, stain-resistant, or easy-care clothing is treated with formaldehyde-releasing resins that never fully wash out. REF#1568
The bottom line is synthetic activewear is terrible for the environment and the person wearing it.
Fortunately, there are many stylish, functional, and naturally moisture-wicking activewear options made with organic cotton, hemp, bamboo, silk, and other natural and sustainable fibers.
A quick online search or trip to your local yoga studio, natural clothing stores, or natural foods stores should supply various options.
Gifts That Soothe Away Stress
Most mothers are notoriously bad at scheduling time to decompress and care for themselves or be cared for.
Yet, a pre-pandemic Psychology Today article reported that mothers are drowning in stress, which has only intensified in recent years. REF#1569
These destressing gift ideas help with immediate stress relief, building resilience, and creating healthy approaches to stress management.
13: A Professional Cleaning, Cooking, Lawn Care, or Organization Service
Most moms know they need to find time to destress and practice self-care.
The problem is that few moms feel they have time to care for themselves.
You can fix that by hiring out some of the chores your mother does on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
Whether you hire a professional cleaning service, lawn care service, landscaping professional, organization service, dog walker, or babysitter, you’re giving her the gift of time she can spend on herself.
14: Gaia Herbs Sound Sleep + Blueblocker Glasses
Whether she’s woken frequently by children, midnight realizations, or hot flashes, all moms have seasons of sleepless nights.
This is where herbs, like Gaia Herbs Sound Sleep, can offer much-needed support.
This product contains gentle herbs, including California poppy, Skullcap, Passionflower, and Hops, that provide relaxation and support a natural transition to sleep.*
If your mom spends a lot of time on the computer or other devices, she may also benefit from a pair of blue-blocking glasses.
As the name suggests, blue blockers help block blue light from all types of screens.
Research has shown blue light can negatively affect the sleep cycle by suppressing the production of melatonin, the body’s master sleep hormone. REF#1570
Blue blockers were once unattractive, orange, goggle-looking things you’d only wear home alone at night.
However, various stylish blue blockers are now available for daytime (less blue light filtration) or nighttime (maximum blue blocking filtration) use.
You can find these at online stores specializing in EMF blocking, safer tech, or at Amazon.
Tech Wellness, for example, offers a wide range of stylish frames at various price points for adults and children.
Prices range from very affordable to pricey depending on the brand and type of frame and lens.
Gaia Herbs Sound Sleep is part of our Mother’s Day collection and is eligible for the BOGO Mother’s Day special. Grab one for mom (and an extra for grandma, aunty, or stepmom) here.
15: A Grounding Mat
Grounding mats can be a helpful and convenient tool for helping reduce stress and improve overall well-being.
They’re based on the principles of earthing or grounding, in which direct contact with the earth or natural bodies of water allows for a transfer of health-giving negative electrons.
These negative electrons help neutralize the build-up of positive electrons we absorb by sitting in front of electronic devices all day.
Also known as “vitamin G,” the earth’s negative electrons have been shown to act as antioxidants in the body, offering benefits for physical, mental, and emotional health—including stress response, anxiety, sleep, and mood. REF#1571 REF#1572 REF#1573
Grounding mats work via copper wires which ground the mat to the negative energy of the earth.
They can be used in office chairs, couches, for yoga or exercise, meditation, or even as you sleep.
Grounding mats have gone from fringe to mainstream in the last few years, so choose your gift with care by:
- Reading reviews: From customers, healthcare practitioners, and influencers.
- Scrutinizing materials: Are they non-toxic, recycled, or made from renewable resources?
- Checking on the company’s reputation: Have they been doing this for years versus just getting on the bandwagon?
- Checking the warranty: This will give you clues about quality and customer service.
- Comparing price: Generally, you get what you pay for in terms of quality, but that may not mean paying top dollar if you do your research carefully.
You can find grounding mats through natural living stores, yoga stores, EMF and safer tech stores, or Amazon.
Gaia Herbs Self Care Essentials Kit is nature’s answer to a mom’s self-care dilemma.
This specially crafted kit contains herbs that support adrenal and nervous system function*, sound sleep*, cellular health*, a peaceful mind, and a healthy inflammatory response*.
- Certified Organic Lemon Balm Tincture: Supports focus, relaxation, immunity, and more.*
- Calm A.S.A.P.®: An award-winning formula with Passionflower, Chamomile, and Vervain for occasional anxiousness and circumstantial stress.*
- Sleep Gummies: Offer a blend of calming Ashwagandha, Passionflower, Reishi, and Jujube date in a tasty, 100% fruit-sweetened gummy to support a restful night’s sleep*.
- Turmeric Boost® Restore: A delicious powdered blend of balancing Turmeric, Holy Basil, and Ginger with black pepper and Chai spices*—makes a tasty addition to healthy smoothies.
Discover more healthy and sustainable gifts in our buy-one-get-one-free Mother’s Day Collection here.
Happy Mother’s Day from our Gaia Herbs family to yours!
- 1. De Falco, F., Di Pace, E., Cocca, M. et al., "The contribution of washing processes of synthetic clothes to microplastic pollution", Sci Rep 9, 6633 (2019).. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-43023-x 1 1. De Falco, F., Di Pace, E., Cocca, M. et al., "The contribution of washing processes of synthetic clothes to microplastic pollution", Sci Rep 9, 6633 (2019).. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-43023-x
- 2. Aria Bendix, "7 toxic chemicals hiding in your waterproof, stain-resistant, and wrinkle-free clothes", Jul 11, 2019, 10:39 PM GMT+8. https://www.businessinsider.com/toxic-chemicals-in-clothes-cancer-2019-7?op=1 2 2. Aria Bendix, "7 toxic chemicals hiding in your waterproof, stain-resistant, and wrinkle-free clothes", Jul 11, 2019, 10:39 PM GMT+8. https://www.businessinsider.com/toxic-chemicals-in-clothes-cancer-2019-7?op=1
- 3. John B. Stephenson, "While Levels in Clothing Generally Appear to Be Low, Allergic Contact Dermatitis Is a Health Issue for Some People", United States Government Accountability Office, Report to Congressional Committees. https://www.gao.gov/assets/gao-10-875.pdf 3 3. John B. Stephenson, "While Levels in Clothing Generally Appear to Be Low, Allergic Contact Dermatitis Is a Health Issue for Some People", United States Government Accountability Office, Report to Congressional Committees. https://www.gao.gov/assets/gao-10-875.pdf
- 4. Alison Escalante M.D., "Mothers Are Drowning in Stress", March 6, 2019. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/shouldstorm/201903/mothers-are-drowning-in-stress 4 4. Alison Escalante M.D., "Mothers Are Drowning in Stress", March 6, 2019. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/shouldstorm/201903/mothers-are-drowning-in-stress
- 5. Chevalier G, Patel S, Weiss L, Chopra D, Mills PJ, "The Effects of Grounding (Earthing) on Bodyworkers' Pain and Overall Quality of Life: A Randomized Controlled Trial", Explore (NY). 2019 May-Jun;15(3):181-190. doi: 10.1016/j.explore.2018.10.001. Epub 2018 Oct 11. PMID: 30448083.. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30448083/ 5 5. Chevalier G, Patel S, Weiss L, Chopra D, Mills PJ, "The Effects of Grounding (Earthing) on Bodyworkers' Pain and Overall Quality of Life: A Randomized Controlled Trial", Explore (NY). 2019 May-Jun;15(3):181-190. doi: 10.1016/j.explore.2018.10.001. Epub 2018 Oct 11. PMID: 30448083.. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30448083/
- 6. Oschman JL., "Can electrons act as antioxidants? A review and commentary", J Altern Complement Med. 2007 Nov;13(9):955-67. doi: 10.1089/acm.2007.7048. PMID: 18047442.. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18047442/ 6 6. Oschman JL., "Can electrons act as antioxidants? A review and commentary", J Altern Complement Med. 2007 Nov;13(9):955-67. doi: 10.1089/acm.2007.7048. PMID: 18047442.. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18047442/
- 7. Chevalier G, Sinatra ST, Oschman JL, Sokal K, Sokal P, "Earthing: health implications of reconnecting the human body to the Earth's surface electrons.", J Environ Public Health. 2012;2012:291541. doi: 10.1155/2012/291541. Epub 2012 Jan 12. PMID: 22291721; PMCID: PMC3265077.. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22291721/ 7 7. Chevalier G, Sinatra ST, Oschman JL, Sokal K, Sokal P, "Earthing: health implications of reconnecting the human body to the Earth's surface electrons.", J Environ Public Health. 2012;2012:291541. doi: 10.1155/2012/291541. Epub 2012 Jan 12. PMID: 22291721; PMCID: PMC3265077.. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22291721/
- 8. Rob Newsom, "How Blue Light Affects Sleep", Sleep Foundation, MARCH 17, 2023. https://www.sleepfoundation.org/bedroom-environment/blue-light 8 8. Rob Newsom, "How Blue Light Affects Sleep", Sleep Foundation, MARCH 17, 2023. https://www.sleepfoundation.org/bedroom-environment/blue-light