Seasonal and dietary influences can enhance the accumulation of waste and impurities in our bodies. In a modern industrial society, the need for eliminating toxins from the body is even more important. We have become separated from a life of regular vigorous exercise, fresh air, clean fresh food, sunshine and the natural environment in general. Our air, water, food, medicine, landscape, and emotions all contribute to our intake of toxins.
Periodic cleansing is a tradition which has been practiced for thousands of years by different cultures around the world. Therefore, it is recommended to cleanse periodically, stimulating and supporting your body’s digestion and elimination.
While cleansing, it is important to eat the right foods and have the proper balance of exercise and rest. Here are 10 fundamental tips to refer to when you decide it’s time for a fresh start:
Tip #1: Avoid These Foods
- Products containing refined sugars
- Dairy products such as milk, cheese, and ice cream
- Soda and juice that is not 100% fruit or vegetable
- Breads and other refined baked goods
- Fried foods
- Red meats
- Shellfish and high mercury fish such as swordfish
- Soy (except fermented soy foods)
- Excessive caffeine (If you are a coffee drinker, consider switching to green tea)
Tip #2: And Instead, Favor These Foods
- Lightly steamed vegetables and vegetable soups
- Mixed green salads
- Fresh vegetable and fruit juices
- Whole grains (brown rice, millet, oats, amaranth, quinoa)
- Garlic, onions, and ginger
- Legumes (beans) such as lentils
- Fresh broiled fish: wild salmon and sardines (high Omega 3 and low mercury)
- Fresh fruits in season
- Sea vegetables
- Herbal tea (especially green tea)
Begin the day by drinking a glass of warm water with fresh lemon or lime juice.
Lightly dry skin brush entire body before bathing in the morning. Brush in the direction towards your heart to support lymphatic blood flow.
Drink water throughout the day (8 to 10 glasses).
Engage in at least 20 minutes of light exercise daily.
Chew solid food well until thoroughly liquefied before swallowing.
Maintain a balanced routine of rest and activity.
Try to get more sleep than usual, between 7-9 hours per night. Take a nap if the day allows.
Use the Gaia Herbs Cleanse Support products.