Don’t wait for Thanksgiving to serve up this sweet and tangy relish. We love it any time of year, especially atop a warm bowl of oatmeal.
- 1 orange
- 3 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- ¼ cup Gaia Herbs Black Elderberry Syrup
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Working over a medium saucepan, supreme the orange. Using a paring knife, slice off the skin. Squeeze any juice into the pan. Make two vertical, shallow slices inside each segment to free the fruit from the pith. Add to the pan, along with any juice.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan, place over medium-high heat with ½ cup water and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and add more maple syrup, if desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to one week.
Each portion contains a 1 teaspoon daily serving of Gaia Herbs Black Elderberry Syrup.