Create your own tasty gourmet treats with Maca Powder and a bag of semisweet chocolate. Decorate any way you like for a simple sweet bite with a boost of pure plant energy.*
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 2 tablespoons Gaia Herbs MacaBoost Cacao-Ginger
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Flaky sea salt
- Fill a medium sauce pan halfway up with water, then place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Place a glass or metal bowl inside the pan. The bowl should be large enough to touch the edges of the pan, and the bottom should touch the water but not the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chocolate chunks, and lower heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring often, until the chocolate is about 3/4 melted. Remove the bowl from the pan, and stir in the MacaBoost. (The residual heat will allow the chocolate to melt completely.)
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the lined baking sheet. Carefully tilt the baking sheet until the chocolate is evenly spread across the surface.
- Sprinkle on the hemp seeds, almonds, goji berries, cayenne, cinnamon and salt.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Once firm, carefully slice or break into pieces.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to two weeks.
Each portion contains a 1 teaspoon daily serving of Gaia Herbs MacaBoost.