Gaia Herbs is proud of our growing list of healthy recipes that give you new ways to add beneficial herbs and herbal supplements to your diet.
To help you find these recipes faster, we’ve compiled this collection into one article. It includes all recipes we’ve published on our blog and notes the Gaia Herbs products used in each. Most recipes can be made in under 15 minutes, making them nutritious, delicious, and easy to create, regardless of your cooking experience.
Please note that some of these recipes may have out of stock ingredients– if that’s the case, feel free to find a replacement that works with the recipe!
Smoothies are an excellent way to add fruits and leafy veggies to your diet — especially if you’ve never found a way to enjoy spinach, kale, or other healthy greens on their own. Herbs and herbal supplements can enhance the nutrients in any smoothie and provide unique health benefits, whether at the start of the day, after a mid-day slump, or when you want to satisfy a craving for something yummy. We’ve got enough smoothie recipes to keep your taste buds entertained daily.
- Apple Pie Smoothie Recipe with Maca Boost Vanilla-Chai
- Blueberry Boost Smoothie with Immune Shine™ mushrooms and herbs
- Brightened-Up Mango Turmeric Smoothie with Turmeric Boost® Restore
- Carrot Apple Fennel Smoothie with Maca Boost Vanilla-Chai
- Mango Turmeric Smoothie with Turmeric Boost®
- Mindful Mango Smoothie with Gaia Herbs Mind Spring™ powder, a blend of Lion's Mane, Reishi, Turmeric, and Ginkgo
- Peachy Keen Smoothie with Turmeric Boost® Restore
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie with Maca Boost Vanilla-Chai
- Raspberry-Triple Chocolate Protein Shake with Maca Boost® Cacao Ginger
- Salted Cacao Caramel Smoothie with MacaBoost Cacao-Ginger
- Sunrise Smoothie with Everyday Adaptogen™ Powder, a blend of Maca, Cordyceps, Rhodiola, and Ashwagandha
- Sunset Raspberry Peach Smoothie with Turmeric Boost® Restore
- Super Green Smoothie with Maca Powder
- Ultimate Summer Smoothie with Berries & Maca with Maca Powder
- Very Berry Smoothie with Maca Powder and Black Elderberry Syrup
Rich, Soothing, and Even Cooling Hot Drinks
A hot drink is not only warming, but relaxing on a cold winter day. But hot drinks can also cool you off when the weather is hot and dry. In hot, dry climates, hot drinks can increase your rate of perspiration. When perspiration evaporates from your skin, it creates a cooling effect. (However, if the weather is too humid or you’re wearing too many clothes for sweat to evaporate, you won’t enjoy this cooling effect and should stick with cold drinks.) REF#1735
The following warm drink recipes were created to be enjoyed any time of year, whether you want to add flavor to your morning coffee or tea, drink a pick-me-up mid-day, or enjoy a calming beverage in the late afternoon.
- Calming Kava Cocoa with Kava Root Extract
- Chocolate-Peppermint Tea Latte with Liver Cleanse Herbal Tea
- Cinnamon Nog with Cinnamon Bark and Ginger Root Liquid Extract
- Golden Pumpkin Spice Latte with Golden Milk powder
- Hawthorn Heart Warmer with Hawthorn Supreme liquid extract
- Maca Macha Latte with Maca Powder
- Mint Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Leaf
- Nourishing Mind Spring™ Broth with shitake mushrooms and black pepper
- Salted Hawthorn & Rose Hot Cocoa with Hawthorn Supreme or dried Hawathorn berries
- Spring Soother with Nettle Leaf extract and Black Elderberry Syrup
- Traditional Golden Milk with our blend of Turmeric, Ashwagandha, Dates, Cardamom, and Vanilla
- Turmeric Chai Tea with Turmeric Boost® Restore
Refreshing Cold Drinks & Mocktails
After a long, cold winter, it’s time to get out the blender or shaker and whip up your favorite fruit drinks and mocktails. Gaia Herbs has enhanced old classics and created new concoctions with herbal supplements to make these cold beverages as healthy as they are delicious and refreshing. Enjoy these drinks any time of day.
- Black Elderberry Fizz Immune Boost with Black Elderberry Syrup
- Black Elderberry Lemonade with Black Elderberry Syrup
- Black Elderberry Slushie with Black Elderberry Syrup
- Elderberry Spritzer with Black Elderberry Syrup
- Blood Orange Spritzer with Turmeric Boost® Restore or Golden Milk
- Cashew Maca Milk with Maca powder
- Christmas Kale-Ito with Ginseng Supreme and Gotu Cola Leaf Extract
- Elderberry Mocktail with Ginger Root extract, Kava Root extract, and Black Elderberry Syrup or Tonic
- Four Leaf Clover with Black Elderberry Syrup
- Ginseng Ginger-Lime Moscow Mule with ginseng
- Grapefruit-Echinacea "Margarita" with Echinacea Supreme
- Green Berries & Bitters with Black Elderberry Syrup
- Hibiscus Orange Punch with Hibiscus Herbal Tea
- Iced Golden Milk with Golden Milk
- Kava Colada with Kava 50
- Maca Colada with Maca Powder
- Restore Your Cool Iced Cocoa with Turmeric Boost® Restore or Golden Milk
- Stay Rooted Juice with Turmeric Boost® Restore
- Vanilla Chai Iced Coffee with Maca Boost Vanilla Chai
Breakfast Treats to Start Your Day
They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Studies have shown that breakfast not only increases daily nutrition intake and improves energy, but breakfast eaters tend to have better weight control because their overall diet is lower in sugar and saturated fat content. REF#1736
If you are looking for variety for your daily breakfast or want simple recipes to make it easier to eat this important meal, Gaia Herbs offers several options that combine nutritious whole food with Gaia Herbs supplements. Herbs like Maca and Turmeric offer energy and stamina supporting health benefits that will keep you going all day long.*
- Acai Bowl with Maca Powder
- Grain Free Golden Pancakes with Turmeric Boost® Restore
- Maca Fruit Parfait with Maca Boost Cacao Ginger
- Overnight Oats with Turmeric Boost® Restore
Savory Snacks for Anytime of Day
You can’t — and shouldn’t — always ignore the desire to snack between meals. Sometimes you need that extra sustenance to get you through the day. When you have a selection of healthy savory snacks on hand, you don’t need to worry about reaching for processed foods with empty calories or unhealthy chemicals.
Snacks made with whole foods that are low in saturated fats and processed sugar can be a healthy supplement to your main meals. Our recipes can be eaten alone or as an accompaniment to a meal. They are also great treats to take to a potluck and share with friends.
- Baked Brie with Black Elderberry Syrup
- Dr. Mary Bove's Nettle Loaf with nettles and ramps
- Licorice and Rooibos-Scented Quinoa Pilaf with Cleanse & Detox herbal tea
- Macamole Maca Powder
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Energy Balls with Black Elderberry Syrup
- Tulsi Tea-infused Deviled Eggs with Holy Basil tea
- Turmeric Baked Falafel with Herbs with Turmeric Boost® Restore
- Turmeric Mixed Nuts with Turmeric Boost® Restore
Sweet Snacks & Scrumptious Desserts
When you want something sweet, your healthiest option is fresh fruit low on the glycemic index (meaning it’s low in natural sugar). Berries, apples, citrus fruit, pears, dates, and bananas are all good options. However, special occasions call for something a little more, well, special.
Gaia Herbs has developed a growing list of sweet treat recipes that combine healthy ingredients with beneficial supplements. All recipes are designed to satiate your sweet tooth without sacrificing your health.
- Baked Apples with Black Elderberry Syrup
- Black Bean Brownies with Immune Shine, including Maitake, Chaga, Elderberry, Ginger, and Astragalus
- Black Elderberry Apple Cinnamon Compote with Black Elderberry Syrup
- Cacao Energy Bites with Maca Boost® Cacao-Ginger
- Cacao Peanut Butter Protein Cookies with Maca Powder and Maca Boost® Cacao Ginger
- Chocolate Fudge Maca Bars with Maca Powder
- Elderberry Applesauce with Black Elderberry Syrup
- Elderberry Cheesecake Bites with Black Elderberry Syrup
- Elderberry Freezer Pops with Black Elderberry Syrup
- Elderberry Fruit Strips with Black Elderberry Syrup
- Elderberry Gummies with Black Elderberry Syrup
- Golden Milk Cookies with Golden Milk
- Golden Milk Popsicles with Golden Milk
- Maca Cacao Popsicles with Maca Boost® Cacao Ginger powder
- Maca Chocolate Crackle With Maca Boost® Cacao Ginger powder
- Maca–Miso Cookies with Maca Powder
- No-Bake Chewy Maca Granola Bars with Maca Powder
- Pumpkin Chai Pudding with Turmeric Boost® Restore
- Strawberry Fig Elderberry Granita with Black Elderberry Syrup
- Tropical Turmeric Paletas with Turmeric Boost® Restore
- Warming Turmeric Vitality Truffles with Turmeric Boost® Restore
Flavorful Dressings, Sauces & Seasonings
It doesn’t take much to bring out flavor in fresh, natural ingredients. A pinch of salt. A sprinkle of oregano, rosemary, thyme, or basil. A splash of extra virgin olive oil or flavored vinegar. You can do a lot with just those condiments.
But sometimes, adding more unique dressings or sauces to your protein, veggies, and salads is fun too. We’ve developed several options that may become staples in your kitchen, they’re that good!
- Black Elderberry Tonic Vinaigrette with Black Elderberry Syrup
- Cran-Elderberry Relish with Black Elderberry Syrup
- Cumin-Lime Turmeric Vinaigrette with Turmeric Boost® Restore
- Elderberry Vinaigrette with Black Elderberry Syrup
- Ginger-Miso Dressing Recipe with Ginger Root Liquid Herbal Extract
- Herbaceious Green Salt with rosemary, sage, and garlic
- Pink Red Chili Salt with red pepper flakes and garlic
- Violet Syrup with fresh violet blossoms
Natural Body Products & Gift Items
Your skin reflects the overall quality of your nutrition. Herbs have been used for centuries to treat skin issues externally, adding moisture and shine, supporting skin health, and treating wounds and skin diseases.
While we need more studies to confirm all the potential health benefits of many herbs, we know from experience that those we use in our balms, lotions, and body salts help your skin feel and look better. Check out our recipes for natural body products that you can use for yourself or give away as gifts.
- Bee Beautiful Body Balm with Propolis extract
- Coconut-Rose Salt Scrub with rose petals and rosemary
- DIY Soothing Herbal Balm with Bronchial Wellness Tea
- Homemade Herbal Salts with aromatic herbs and garlic
- St. John’s Wort Gardeners Salve with St. John’s Wort extract
- Usnea Uva Ursi Ungeant with Usnea Uva Ursi Supreme
Gaia Herbs is constantly updating our recipe file and adding new creations. Subscribe to our newsletter to ensure you don’t miss them when they come out. Fill out the signup form at the bottom of any page of our website. Or bookmark and follow our blog, Seeds of Knowledge, where we post all our recipes.
- 1. A R Bain, N C Lesperance, and O Jay,, "Body heat storage during physical activity is lower with hot fluid ingestion under conditions that permit full evaporation", Acta Physiologica, October 2012,. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22574769/ 1 1. A R Bain, N C Lesperance, and O Jay,, "Body heat storage during physical activity is lower with hot fluid ingestion under conditions that permit full evaporation", Acta Physiologica, October 2012,. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22574769/
- 2. Michael J. Gibney et al,, "Breakfast in Human Nutrition: The International Breakfast Research Initiative", Nutrients, May 1, 2018,. https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/10/5/559 2 2. Michael J. Gibney et al,, "Breakfast in Human Nutrition: The International Breakfast Research Initiative", Nutrients, May 1, 2018,. https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/10/5/559